Saturday, July 12, 2008

Introducing: Brett Wells Riches

THE BOYS!



Justin and Jake were so cute with Brett! They always wanted to "hold baby!"



He's so little!




Poor baby needs some chapstick!



Brett being held by Daddy.


Right after his bath in the hospital.



He's Here! He's Here! He's Here!

We are so thrilled to welcome this new little addition to the team!

Brett Wells Riches was born on July 3, 2008 at 1:28pm weighing in at 7lbs 12 oz and 20 inches long. We love this little boy! He had a little trouble breathing consistently at first, but his first bath in the hospital solved that problem quickly! He hated it! The boys love their new little brother so much! It's really cute. I have to protect him from Justin and Jake at times, but we are all really enjoying this little man. He is such a blessing to our family.
It was fun having him on July 3rd. I was in the hospital until the 5th, which meant that we watched the 4th of July fireworks from my hospital room window! It was actually a memorable experience. Just our little family enjoying ourselves together. We've always been close to family when we've had our babies, which was wonderful and such a blessing, but we've never had time together like this after a baby is born. It was new for us, and we missed everyone, but at the same time, it was really special for us. We really enjoyed the quiet (and sometimes not so quiet) moments of "just us." It was something that we won't soon forget.

18 comments:

SP said...

We love you guys! It's great to see your growing family!! How is it with three now?? My friend Deserea just had her third boy. I am always asking her, how are you feeling, do you need a hand this week. I think about you as I ask her these questions and wish I was closer to be able to help out.

I hope the renewing power of the Atonement is with you (kind of like the force, right? I think your boys would appreciate at that)!!

Lots of love!!

ferntyler said...

So CUTE! welcome little brett - that's so cool about watching the fireworks and celebrating at the hospital...

ferntyler said...

oh yeah, and I just noticed the great pictures of the boys on your sidebar (from the wedding, probably). they are both cute, but the one of jake seriously looks like a little model shot :)

Tina said...

Congratulations! So happy to see that Brett is here and doing well. I was at Carmen's shower tonight and got to chat a little with your Mom! What a great little family you have, so fun with all the boys!

Laura said...

congrats!! BRett is so cute, I love the name by the way. You guys are great, I'm so glad he's doing well. Enjoy, you know how quick they grow!!

Gretchen Edwards said...

hey this is gretchen from mira mesa back in the day. Wow 3 boys!!! geez you have your hands full!!! Well I am glad I found you, hopefully we can keep in touch!

Jen said...

Congrats!! What a memorable way to celebrate his birth. I bet your boys are absolutely loving their new little brother. What a cutie...enjoy him!!

Mike and Mer said...

Hey Shanna! I love the new look of your blog. Talk to you soon!

Cara Rigby said...

Hi Shanna, it's Cara Cahoon, from San Diego! My sister has Meredith's link on her blog and I was excited to see yours! Congrats on your beautiful boy and your adorable family :) I hope that you are doing well, I would love to get & keep in touch!

Here is the link to my blog
http://www.cararigby.blogspot.com

SP said...

Thinking of you still...are you a zombie or are things okay? Ken and I recently babysat for our friends whose third boy turn three months recently. Wow! I was busy all night and we had Jill with us too. You are amazing!

Keeping you in my prayers!!
Sherry

anderson's said...

Yea! We found you guys! It was so fun having you guys over tonight! We should make it a tradition! We'll have to plan another one soon!

echolsfamily said...

Everyone looks great. We miss you guys like crazy. We so hope we live near each other some day in the future. I am so sorry for leaving my good buddy in limbo with no contact information, so here you go. Drop me a line soon. Talk to you later. Con grats on the new addition.

justin dot echols at azstcu dot org
(Cassie told me to write it like that because you get a lot of spam if you type it out for real)
928-348-2004
928-965-7155

Mike and Mer said...

Shanna, please update your blog.

Mike and Mer said...

Shanna, please update your blog.

Ina said...

Oh my! Shanah!!! I can´t believe this is your family. You have the cutest team I´ve ever seen! Oh! I am Ina from Argentina, remember me? he he. I´m too excited to see you with such a beautiful family. Congrats!

anderson's said...

Hey are you guys around this weekend? We ought to do dinner!

Willis Family said...

Hello! I saw your link on Cathi Anderson's Blog and thought it might be you. Hope it's okay that I am reading your blog without an invite...but it is just too hard not to pass up those cute pics of your adorable boys! I am excited to hang out tomorrow! It'll be good to get to know ya a little better. Hey, check out our blog...

www.adamwillisfamily.blogspot.com

Here's a formal invite:)

quietrope said...

oh my gosh! 3 boys! I don't know what I would do! haha. I am about to have the 3rd boy. I am counting on my daughter to keep me sane. I seriously am terrified of adding a 3rd boy to our family. The two I have are already too much of a handful.
Congrates on the beautiful family. Your boys all look perfect.
-Emily