Thursday, June 26, 2008

Kamron's Graduation































Wow! We made it! After two years of school, Kamron graduated with an MBA in Finance from SDSU. It certainly was a day to remember that's for sure. Kamron worked so hard. He went to school at night while working full time during the day. At times, it felt like an unbelievable sacrifice for him to be gone so much, and I'll admit that I had a few pitty parties myself. We made it though, and like most things, we are stronger now as a family because of it. We know for sure the Lord helped us through it all. We are certainly in His debt for the strength and endurance we were blessed with every day.
Our time with "Daddy Home" is so priceless! Both Kamron and I feel that the lessons learned go well beyond what he learned at school. One of the biggest things I learned is that you can do almost anything with two kids! They only hold you back as much as you let them. (I don't know about three though :) I also learned what an amazingly hard working husband I have. Such an example to me of what hard work can do.

I think that through all of this the kids learned that everything is more fun with Daddy! I agree! It's amazing how the kids are so aware of what's going on though. There would be weeks where Kamron wouldn't see the kids from Sunday night to Thursday night. This being because he would leave before they woke up and come home well after they were in bed. (Don't even think I was mean for not letting them stay up and wait for him. I needed my sanity somehow, and that was through getting them in bed by the stroke of 8pm and enjoying some peace for a few hours.) After a while, I think they caught on....that is, to their never seeing Kamron. After a while, if there were ever two consecutive days where they wouldn't see Kamron, you could bet that on the third day, BOTH kids would be up and all over Kamron by 6:00am. Then of course sobbing when he left. It was really funny though how they did that....and both at the same time! Amazing!

We are all so proud of Kamron! Of course, we'll see what the future holds. Somehow it doesn't feel like we are completely done yet. We'll see what Kamron has up is sleeve next. This was sure a huge step though, and the kids and I feel so blessed to have him be the Dad around here. We love you Kamron!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Congratulations you guys!! That's awesome.
I was just looking through all my links and decided to click on yours, I hadn't looked in awhile. Now I'm glad to see you're blogging. I'll keep checking on you! Email me your email address and I'll invite you to my blog. See you!

ferntyler said...

YEAH!! I can't believe it is over for him - that is so awesome, way to go - congratulations!

Brooke said...

you are the bitsiest 8 month (shorter now) pregnant lady I've ever seen!

SP said...

Yeah! Finally some new posts! I've been checking! I love this post! So tender and so true! What an amazing stength you have. I have pity parties too--too many, and I have my husband home by 6pm every nigh and only one kid. I learn so much from you!

I love you cousin!!

ccloes said...

Congrats Kamron... I still remember you getting me thru that PoliSci class at Miramar. I wish I had stuck it out like you.

CHAD

Brooke said...

Look at you getting all fancy with your background! Did you have to do the whole write in code thing?

echolsfamily said...

Hey guys!!! I saw your blog on Sheri and Dan's and was so EXCITED. It was fun to look back and see what you've been up to. You've had a lot going on! Congrats on the new job, moving, Graduating, and the very new baby! He is adorable. All of your boys are though. I love the pictures of them in their little tuxes :) We wish we could see you guys and catch up, it's been ages. We made some great friends in our short time in San Diego and we miss you terribly!

Jen said...

CONGRATS Kamron!! I am so glad you are blogging now. It will be fun to keep up with you guys.